Functions as Secretariat of National Public Safety Commission
- Assist National Public Safety Commission in overseeing the functioning of Islamabad Capital Territory Police, FIA, Railways Police, ANF, Frontier Constabulary, Motorway Police and any other Law Enforcement Agencies (LEAs) having police powers.
- Recommend panels of officers for the appointment of heads of ICT Police, FIA, Railways Police, Frontier Constabulary and Motorway Police.
- Oversee implementation of annual work plans of LEAs of Federal Government.
- Evaluate the delivery of performance targets of Federal LEAs on quarterly basis.
- Submit Annual Reports in relation to functioning of the Federal LEAs and on matters connected with general law and order in the country.
- Recommend reforms also in respect of prosecution, prisons and probation services.
- Facilitate coordination among the Provincial Public Safety Commissions.
- Evaluate performance of Islamabad District Public Safety Commission on annual basis.
- Perform functions of Islamabad District Public Safety Commission during the period it stands dissolved.