Functions as Secretariat of National Police Management Board
- Advise on matters relating to general planning, development of standardisation of administration, education & training, gender sensitisation, communications, criminal identification facilities, criminal statistics and equipment of police and other law enforcement agencies.
- Identify and arrange research in criminology, terrorism, sectarian violence, drug trafficking organized crime, inter-provincial crimes and crime having international dimension.
- Recommend grants to provincial police organizations and federal LEAs for enhancing their operational capabilities.
- Recommend standards of recruitment, appointment, promotions, transfers, tenure & discipline for police and federal LEAs.
- Develop Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) based on internationally accepted good practices.